[Mplayer-users] ASV1 audio buggy

Vladimir Klebanov unny at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Apr 26 17:41:51 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > > Try with option  -ni
> >
> > OK, now I still get a black screen and *click* *click* *click* for ~15s but
> > then video and audio plays in sync to the end. Nonetheless A-V gets greater
> > and greater during playback, ending with
> >
> > A:   3.9  V:  15.6  A-V:-11.490  ct: -0.327  236  10%   1%  0.0%
> >
> Hmm.
> Can you please upload this file to ftp://thot.banki.hu/incoming/MPlayer/  ?

Uploaded: ASV1.avi

> > AUDIO: samplerate=11025 channels=1 bps=1
> >
> > Is anything wrong with this?
> it's 11kb/s. together with ALSA's 128kb buffer it's very worst-case
> ratio - causing 12 sec delay. this is why you get 12 secs of click at the
> beginning. (btw it should be silence, not click...)
>
> > I know that some time ago, when ASV1 video was
> > pixelized and upside-down, the sound played OK.
> hmm.

Oops, sorry, my fault! I also changed from OSS to ALSA at approx. the same
time! Sorrrry. Tried it again with OSS and it's

Audio buffer size: 8192 bytes, delay: 0.743s

The whole things starts up with a much smaller pause, but I still hear a
loud *click*, although just one. The A-V difference is steadily around 0.

Is there any way to avoid the long pause with ALSA? I wouldn't like to go
back because OSS has no hardware midi playback (on SB Live).

appreciating your efforts,

Vladimir

Vladimir Klebanov  --	unny at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
			http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~unny
"To be natural is such a very difficult pose to keep up." -- Wilde