[Mplayer-users] RELEASE? Are there still bugs?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Apr 25 03:32:46 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > > Right... But I though of testing under windows, if perhaps the file in
> > itself
> > > is broken (unlikely, since that would mean only broken sound...).
> > yes, file seems to be broken, but it shouldn't make mplayer crashing :(
> > so there is a bug (unhandled buffer overflow?) in mplayer's .asf parser.
>
> What makes you think it is broken? Aviplay plays it with sound and video.

Now mplayer plays it, too.

The problem was the evil win32/ACM audio decoder interface...
I'll never understand how does it really work.

Now I increased buffer sizes, and ignore error -0x200, so it works.
At least on my test files, please test it on as many files as you can!

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu