[Mplayer-users] Voodoo3 with XVideo extension

Erlend Steinsvik erlend at steinsvik.com
Sun Apr 22 12:25:26 CEST 2001

> Another thing came into my mind, try removing .depend files from main/ dir
> and all subdirectories and issue make, you have to do that several times
> until it works! (just issue make as often until it works).

Hmm. great. It seems to work this time, however, I met another problem.
First of all, for some peculiar reason, the Xv.h and Xvlib.h headers were
not included in my XFree86 installation, so I copied them from the source
tree to /usr/include/X11/extensions. The compilation no longer complained
about those now, BUT I get another message:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot open -lXv: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mplayer] Error 1

What is this -lXv ? Why don't I have it on my system.

Erlend Steinsvik
erlend at steinsvik.com