[Mplayer-users] only fullscreen modes available

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Apr 21 23:53:40 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I got the rpms for mplayer and installed.  However, it
RPMs???????????????????????
there are not precompiled packaged version. if are, they are unofficial
and shouldn't be used.

> seems that the only video modes that it will run in is
> fullscreen.  I have a 2 monitor setup, 1 is running
> off a 16 mb banshee, the other off of a V3.  I am
> running the tdfx Xfree86 drivers.  It seems that the
> only video modes it will allow is x11 and sdl.  Is
> there a way to get it to run in a window with my
yes, re-compile mplayer from cvs source.

we has the reason why are not precompiled packages.
and the reason is: near everything is configured at compile-time,
so you can't change things in a precompiled version.

> VO: [xv] 624x416 => 2048x1365 fs  YUY2
did you use -fs in commandline? or is fs=1 in your
mplayer config file?

> Xvideo image format: 0x32315659 (YV12) planar
> Xvideo image format: 0x30323449 (I420) planar
should upgrade tdfx...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu