[Mplayer-users] Question: Fastmemcpy and 3dnow

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Thu Apr 19 19:16:37 CEST 2001

>Here are the averages that I get over 100 runs on my K6-2:
>
>   With 3DNow: v1-v2=740241.96
>Without 3DNow: v1-v2=781859.25
>
>I'd like to see what numbers the K6-3 gives.

Did you use a loop and devide by 100? I guess you shouldn't!
The array of 100000 Bytes fits (at least) into L2-Cache, so you measure
L2-speed starting with the 2nd iteration. But video data destination will
probably not be L2, so the (higher) number you get in a first run would be a
better value for comparisson. Am I right?

gruel

--
Dipl. math. Christoph Lampert (complex analysis, integral formulae)
Email: gruel at gmx.de                |     Email: lampert at math.chalmers.se