Savage4 Xv driver (Was: Re: [Mplayer-users] MPlayer and SDL)

Jean-Luc Fontaine jfontain at winealley.com
Tue Apr 10 09:27:58 CEST 2001

On Monday 09 April 2001 17:17, Gabucino wrote:
> It's the Question that drives us, Stefan Recksiegel :
> > I use the snapshot of 03 April with a 2.4.2 kernel. My graphics
> > adaptor is a Savage4 that runs under X 4.0.2. The problem with
> > this setup is, that X does not provide XV extensions for this chipset
> > (yet)
>
> Since I've seen so many requests, I've decided to make the beta Savage4 Xv
> driver downloadable (it's opensource...). It needs testing anyways.
> NOTE: the driver is intellectual property of Tim Roberts <timr at probo.com>
>       the driver's homepage is http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html
>       (only the older driver is available there, though)
> NOTE: it's a beta version, if it doesn't work, don't blame me or Tim
> Roberts, but please _send bugreports_!
>
> If the code works/doesn't work for you, _please send me_ the output of
> 'lspci -v' as root, and tell if it works/doesn't work in 16/24bpp.

It works! Thank you so very much and congratulations on a job well done!
Here is the data:
01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. Savage 4 (rev 03) (prog-if 00
[VGA])
        Subsystem: Number 9 Computer Company SR9 8Mb SDRAM
        Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 248
        Memory at d8000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
        Memory at a8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
        Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=64K]
        Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 1
        Capabilities: [80] AGP version 2.0

And by the way, dga now also works.
I am starting to love mplayer :-)

--