[Mplayer-users] font bitmap format?
arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Apr 10 06:44:07 CEST 2001
> > but could you give me some hint how to do it (mainly how convert bitmap to
> > the strange .raw format)?
what are your suggestion for a better bitmap file format?
what we need?
- 256 color greyscaled image
- possibly uncompressed, or very easy & fast & small decompressor
- supported by common image manipulation programs (gimp,xv,photoshop,psp...)
- .raw - requires alchemy (non-free) for conversion
- .gif - lzw license problems
- .jpg - lossy... sux.
- .png - too big and compilacted decompressor
- .bmp - it's upside-down, and has many fileformat variations...
A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team
mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mplayer-users mailing list
Mplayer-users at lists.sourceforge.net
More information about the MPlayer-users