Savage4 Xv driver (Was: Re: [Mplayer-users] MPlayer and SDL)

Gabucino gabucino at k2.jozsef.kando.hu
Mon Apr 9 17:17:48 CEST 2001

It's the Question that drives us, Stefan Recksiegel :
> I use the snapshot of 03 April with a 2.4.2 kernel. My graphics
> adaptor is a Savage4 that runs under X 4.0.2. The problem with
> this setup is, that X does not provide XV extensions for this chipset
> (yet)
Since I've seen so many requests, I've decided to make the beta Savage4 Xv
driver downloadable (it's opensource...). It needs testing anyways.
NOTE: the driver is intellectual property of Tim Roberts <timr at probo.com>
      the driver's homepage is http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html
      (only the older driver is available there, though)
NOTE: it's a beta version, if it doesn't work, don't blame me or Tim Roberts,
      but please _send bugreports_!

If the code works/doesn't work for you, _please send me_ the output of
'lspci -v' as root, and tell if it works/doesn't work in 16/24bpp.

Thanks!

The URL is : ftp://thot.banki.hu/incoming/savage_drv-pre2.o.gz

--
Gabucino