[Mplayer-users] Fonts for OSD and subtitles
arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Apr 5 19:24:41 CEST 2001
> how can I make my own fonts for OSD and subtitles ?
> Because I want ISO8859-2 fonts.
1. decide the font size. for example, you want 18 pixel height font.
2. choose a good image manipulator prg, gimp or photoshop
3. make a very big black image canvas
4. write the chars in 5x5 size. for example, to get 18 pixel font,
you should write 18*5=90 pixel height characters. disable all
5. crop to rigth size (with some pixel margin)
6. duplicate this image. now you have 2 equal image, A and B
7. make some pixel (5-8) thin outline for characters in the A image
8. do gaussian blur filter on the A image
9. now, downscale both images to 20%, and save them.
10. convert them into Alchemy's .RAW file format
11. write the .desc file, read the comments in it for details
Btw I'm planning to write a font generator program, using .TTF file
for input. But I have no time to do it now.
A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team
mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mplayer-users mailing list
Mplayer-users at lists.sourceforge.net
More information about the MPlayer-users