[Mplayer-users] fonts

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Apr 1 08:14:42 CEST 2001

Hi,

> wait a sec?? fonts??? in mplayer???
>
> does it mean mplayer supports subtitles?? (finally!)
yes... no. we started to implement it, but doesn't work well yet.
but i already could play the Lola Rennt movie with subtitles.

- fonts aren't finished yet
- .sub loader is very buggy
- sub - video sync not yet implemented, current code is just a hack
- OSD not finished, and it's very buggy for mpeg files
We are working on this nowdays.

Of course we'll announce it when it gets usable!

> if that is true, where can I get a tar ball??
no tarball yet. it's too experimental yet.

> The version I have now is MPlayer 0.11pre24, after that mplayer was
> moved to CVS :(
You should use daily CVS snapshot tarballs (see
http://mplayer.sourceforge.net) , the code changed a *lot* since we
moved to CVS. Btw what's your problem wiht CVS? It's a great thing.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu