[MPlayer-translations] Server move, possible outages

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Apr 16 21:27:43 CEST 2011

Hello everyone,
(sorry for this massive SPAM)
mplayerhq is moving to a different server and this mailing list is affected.
This will happen on monday, in parts possibly earlier.
We intend of course to make this move completely seamless but it'll
probably a bit more messy than that.
Therefore we wanted to tell you about it, what the current status is,
what might go wrong and you can do if this is an issue for you.
The rest is a bit technical, if you do not understand anything just
ignore it :-).
If there's some service you depend on that is not mentioned consider
asking us.

1) DNS: we switched to DNS on the new server, but the change hasn't
   propagated yet. The server will be the same as the ffmpeg.org one,
   so if necessary you can e.g. manually add a line like
   192.190.173.45  www1.mplayerhq.hu www.mplayerhq.hu mplayerhq.hu svn.mplayerhq.hu mplayerhq.eu
   to /etc/hosts.
   IRC on freenode.net, #mplayer should work as emergency communication
   channel.
2) Homepage: The mplayerhq.hu homepage is already up and running
   on the server, some download links are not working currently though
3) Mailing lists: basic setup done, data like archives and subscriber list
   still missing.
   In the worst case you would have to subscribe again - we do _not_ expect that
   to happen.
4) Repositories: We have full backups of the repositories up and running
   (minus latest commits) but some details like who has write access and commit
   hooks are missing. It might be better not to use them for a few days.
5) FTP: All data is backed-up (in several places) but not all will be
   available from the start.
   In particular upload/incoming and samples will be missing for some time
   due to high disk-space requirements of these.

Kind regards,
Reimar Döffinger