[MPlayer-translations] help/help_mp-it.h vs. UTF-8

Paul TT mplayer at paultt.org
Fri Aug 1 01:39:20 CEST 2008

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 13:56:31 +0200
Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:

> > > I had it_IT.UTF-8 at euro for everything but not LANG, which was
> > > it_IT at euro.
> >
> > There you have it, this is not an UTF-8 locale.  Reconfigure your
> > system to use a UTF-8 locale like it_IT.UTF-8.  On your Debian
> > system you could run dpkg-reconfigure locales and make sure that
> > the right one shows up in /etc/default/locale.  Also set shell
> > variables like LANG and LC_ALL to this value.
>
> What is the status here?  If this does not get fixed, I will revert
> the file to the last UTF-8 version.

it should have been fixed
anyway when i svn update it, then file doesn't recognize it again as
utf-8.
but when i do the commit it is _indeed_ utf-8
can you -or someone else- check if its' really utf'ed in the repo.
now my machine it's ok, after the reinstallation LANG was left as
above, now it's all ok.