[MPlayer-translations] r20530 - in trunk/DOCS/xml/ru: audio.xml bugreports.xml bugs.xml cd-dvd.xml codecs.xml containers.xml documentation.xml faq.xml history.xml install.xml mencoder.xml ports.xml radio.xml skin.xml tvinput.xml usage.xml video.xml

Torinthiel torinthiel at megapolis.pl
Tue Oct 31 09:10:17 CET 2006

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 05:53:33PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > I noticed that the web pages are still in koi8-r (and now I notice the
> > same for german html files with iso-8859-1 too). Am I assuming correctly
> > that these settings come from some language configuration in the build
> > system or am I missing something here? If not, I'll commit the changes to
> > German translation too.
> > Another thing regarding this commit: Grepping for KOI8-R revealed three
> > occurences in the (ru/)xsl files. Do these have to be changed too?

One is comment, other two control output encoding. One for single page,
other for chunked output.

> Yes, this is controlled by the documentation build system.  I've patched
> it locally to generate UTF-8, but before this gets committed I think all
> translations have to be converted first.

You want to change OUTPUT to UTF-8 as well? I think I'm against,
ISO-8859-2 is by far more popular as HTML encoding for Polish pages.

Anyway, AFAIK, the output encoding is totally independent from input
encoding - Polish up to now had some .xml files in utf-8, some in
iso-8859-2 and everything worked fine. It should even be possible to
output i.e. single page HTML in utf-8, and chunked pages in iso-8859-2,
but I'm very strongly against even trying ;)
Torinthiel

--
 Waclaw "Torinthiel" Schiller       GG#: 3073512
   torinthiel(at)megapolis(dot)pl