[MPlayer-translations] r20531 - in trunk/DOCS/xml/de: audio.xml bugreports.xml bugs.xml cd-dvd.xml codecs.xml containers.xml documentation.xml encoding-guide.xml faq.xml history.xml install.xml mencoder.xml ports.xml radio.xml skin.xml tvinput.xm

mail at kraymer.de mail at kraymer.de
Mon Oct 30 18:16:42 CET 2006

> Hi,
>
> On 10/30/06, kraymer <subversion at mplayerhq.hu> wrote:
>> Author: kraymer
>> Date: Mon Oct 30 17:59:40 2006
>> New Revision: 20531

>> Log:
>> convert DOCS/de from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8
>
> BTW, what command-line did you use to do this (so that I can do it on
> .fr docs?)

Hi Guillaume,

I did it in a few steps:

1. (in xml/de:) for i in *xml; do iconv -f iso-8859-1 -t utf-8 $i >
$i.tmp; done2. replaced the first lines in quanta editor which could search/replace in
all files at once, I'm sure there is a short sed command to do that too).
I used the whole  encoding="..." term to be sure not to touch other
occurences.3. removed the old xml files and renamed them back (manually :( )

Hope that helps at least a bit. I figured it was faster to do some of it
manually than figuring out how to script the complete process ;)

Sebastian