[MPlayer-translations] groff command line

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Oct 23 13:00:17 CEST 2006

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 05:56:43PM +0800, S Jin wrote:

> Kraymer wrote:
> > Do you know about the status of the man page or ...
>
> Hi, Kraymer, I belive I met the sync problem for
> mplayer.1 when starting with translating the man
> page:)
>
> 1.
>
> The original Chinese reversion seems TOTALLY different
> to the newest English reversion. And there is no sync
> tag of the Chinese one. The process of my translation
> is extreamly slow so far. Only about 800 lines (only
> up to line ".B \-identify"). And worse, it seems that
> I can not commit/submit the partial things. I hope
> sync point can help me/us after the sync point is
> found.

You can send us your updates and they will get committed, don't worry.

> 2.
>
> The sync point is tricky to be determined, because the
> date on Chinese manual is "2003-01-11" but there are a
> lot of text does goes beyond 2003-01-11. The following
> is what I determinded based on what I did.  If you
> agree with what I did, you might take my point. That
> is,
>
> Please find my_patch.diff enclosed. You can modify my
> text of sync tag anyhow. So strange that CRLF becomes
> LF in my_patch.diff created by TortoiseSVN. (Last time
> I convert CRLF to LF first by Notepad++, then create
> patch. This time create patch directly.)

I've applied your patch, you are the person that has to deal with this
in any case.

> 3.
>
> What should I do next for translation of mplayer.1?
> a) Add the updated the English text/lines to the
> Chinese revision first (, might also remove some
> out-of-date Chinese lines), then translate the English
> lines and/or modify the Chinese lines. Since we have
> no good tools like help_diff.sh.
> b) Partially sync'd with en/mplayer.1 from top to
> bottom, leave the rest unupdated Chinese there every
> time.
> c) ... tell me your experence. The point is "not limit
> only one person to update and translate it". One
> person cannot do the WHOLE HEAVY thing at a time.
> r20288 is much much bigger than r9821.

b) sounds like a plan.  Start translating from top to bottom and send us
patches while you do that.  You can add a roff comment to the point up
to which you have come.  If somebody wants to join your translation
effort, it's easy to work on different parts of the man page.

> 4.
>
> By the way, en/mplayer.1 [Ln133 r20283] might missing
> a space. "unsv ] ://" might be better instead of
> "unsv] ://"

I took care of this.

Diego