[MPlayer-translations] Sync w/ help_mp-en.h r21001

mail at kraymer.de mail at kraymer.de
Mon Nov 20 21:52:25 CET 2006

> On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 22:01:58 +0100, "Dominik 'Rathann'
> Mierzejewski" <dominik at rangers.eu.org> wrote:
>>
>>On Sunday, 19 November 2006 at 21:13, S Jin wrote:
>>> Sync w/ help_mp-en.h r21001
>>>
>>> Hi, the patch is generated under Xubuntu. Hope it
>>> works.  -Sheldon
>>
>>I'm guessing the patch is in utf8, but the attachment
> has no >charset
>>declaration. Looks fine as utf8 though (well, I don't
> know >Chinese,
>>but I do have the necessary fonts installed).
>>
> I am sure that my patch and the .h is in utf8. I
> noticed the log of Revision 16813: "Converted from GBK
> to UTF-8 encoding". And  Notepad2 and Mousepad are all
> tell me it is in utf8. But I am not sure whether I
> should put the utf8 declaration in the head like in
> mplayer.1. Do you?

No need for that. All help messages are in utf-8 now, this should be
assumed by the translator. I'll check if there is a note in
translations.txt (probably not :( ) and eventually add one.

> I used to use TortoiseSVN under Win32. It is my first
> time to use svn's command line under Linux Xubuntu.
> The patch head which indicates to patch what version
> becomes in Chinese, thereby I raised a question with
> the patch. Well, the patch applied. Thanks to kraymer!

Yeah, he's great ;)
SVN copes with the head very well and focuses on the patch format. On the
other hand, if it didn't, it wouldn't make any sense to allow
locale/translated messages in the diff anyway.

> Here is a format problem about mplayer.1. Please find
> my screen shot listFormat.png enclosed. You can see
> the level number and its description are in wrong
> place. It is in section "GENERAL OPTIONS", and there
> are several similar occurrences in the Chinese HTML
> Can someone know why? Is it because it mixes 2 old
> sections (Sorry, I have not finished yet.)? But I
> found the ru html has the same problem, though I do
> not know Russian.

I just compared online html versions of the Chinese and English man page.
I cannot reproduce the problem. For me, it shows "-msglevel <all=...  >"
on the same line, for both versions (like what you have for the Chinese
version) -- even if I resize the window to "force" a line break.. (using
Firefox 2)edit: Ah, I just tried with konqueror (3.5.5), the line break becomes
apparent for the English man page. So indeed I have the same behavior
here. At the end, it seems to be browser dependent.

Sebastian