[Mplayer-os2] New SDL Built - test with MPlayer old built form Paul and the Gnash port

Dave Yeo daveryeo at telus.net
Thu Jan 24 21:11:22 CET 2008

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:55:53 -0500, Ralph Balzac wrote:

>I gather then that this is for whoever is developing MPLAYER, and that I, as a
>user of MPLAYER, should just wait for the next version. I do notice, however,
>that the zip file has a version of SDL12.DLL which is later than what is on my
>disk. Should I replace mine?

The included SDL12.DLL is compatible with the old ones so you can just
replace yours and get all the benefits of the new one. I'd advice
keeping your old one around incase you want to go back. I usually just
rename the old DLL before upgrading.
I find some of the older SDL12.DLLs work better with some of the games
I'm playing. The new ones make the mouse more jerky.
Right now KO Myung-Hun is developing the OS/2 version of MPlayer and
FFmpeg (as kmp) and he isn't using SDL, instead using native DIVE and
DART. Building from unpatched sources is easier with SDL then without
and this version doesn't crash like some of the previous versions did.
Also KO Myung-Hun has uploaded new versions to Hobbes, currently you
can find them in /pub/new.
Dave