[MPlayer-mirror] continuous fetch of Blue-1.7.tar.bz2

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Jul 11 18:55:29 CEST 2008

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 22:11:51 -0400
Robert Henney <robh at rut.org> wrote:

> just wondering if any other mirror has seen repeated fetching
> of Blue-1.7.tar.bz2 by 76.28.72.148 today.
>
> my logs show 167569 hits from that ip for that file today alone,
> up until the point I blocked it.  the ip isn't hitting any other
> files, so I don't think it's a legit browser.

I had a few hits too, but on different files. From the access
pattern it looks like it was one of those download accelerators.

Just to repeat it once again, if any IP/Subnet gives you
troubles in any way or seems to be abusive, block it without
hesitation. We provide a free service and as such, people
who use it should behave.

			Attila Kinali
--
The true CS students do not need to know how to program.
They learn how to abstract the process of programming to