[MPlayer-mirror] reverse proxy for samples mirror

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Wed Nov 7 17:20:35 CET 2007

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 07:07:14AM -0800, Mike Melanson wrote:
>> Is there any possibility of setting up a Squid reverse proxy in order to
>> mirror samples on my server? I'm just wondering about ways I could
>> contribute space and bandwidth to the effort, even though I do not have
>> the DNS flexibility for a traditional mirror.
>
> Increasingly I get the feeling that your exchange of bandwidth for
> functionality was not such a hot deal after all...

I would not call it an exchange, necessarily-- I never had fancy DNS
capabilities with the old hosting plan either.

Most normal websites have no need to configure their sites so that they
can do mirroring at the DNS level. At least my site is capable of
hosting PHP and MySQL, unlike mphq. :) I'll find something else to waste
my bandwidth on.

--
	-Mike Melanson