[MPlayer-mirror] content encoding configuration

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Fri Oct 27 23:30:11 CEST 2006

> Anyway, it seems like you forgot Russian, the following one is still
> broken:
>
> http://www3.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML-single/ru/MPlayer.html

not sure why that wouldn't be working unless you caught it at a time I
was fiddling with the server conf files.  The "AddDefaultCharset off" is
in place in the virthost.  try refreshing and see if it's better.

> I would say that we have the control over the situation if the charset
> is not messed with since we specify the encoding :)

true.  just wonder in practice how many times this issue will reappear
because of the seemingly wide practice of having a default charset
enabled.  you should probably add mention of this to the mirror faq,
since I suspect most http servers these days will come with this enabled
and the way the mplayer pages are written requires it to be turned off.