[MPlayer-mirror] Re: ftp6.mplayerhq.hu directory structure

jason andrade jason at rtfmconsult.com
Sun Dec 5 13:49:29 CET 2004

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> I'm contacting you as the mirror admin of ftp6.mplayerhq.hu.  The URL
> to reach your mirror is
>
> ftp://ftp6.mplayerhq.hu/pub/mplayer/
>
> while all the other mirrors use
>
> ftp://ftpX.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/
>
> (no pub directory, capitalized M and P).  It would help me as MPlayer
> homepage maintainer if all mirror URLs could be similar.  Having to
> worry about the different URLs is a source of bad links, I only
> noticed recently that they were different at all and fixed a ton of
> dangling links.  If you could change your directory structure this
> would ease my job help us avoid problems in the future.

hi,

i'll investigate if we can do this.  i am guessing it isn't possible
to go with the standard of having all the mplayer ftp sites using
/pub/mplayer or /pub/MPlayer ?

because we have 800+ archives here i really prefer to avoid putting
things outside /pub if i can help it..

if i have no choice then i guess i can make an exception but i
thought i'd point it out..

regards,

-jason