[MPlayer-matrox] 2.6.30 and mga_vid

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Jun 21 14:55:50 CEST 2009

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 15:30:40 +0200 (CEST)
Peter Magnusson <iocc at mplayer2.lists.flashdance.cx> wrote:

> > Yes, i've been thinking about that, but to be included in the kernel,
> > mga_vid would need a big clean up. And i have neither the time nor
> > the interest for this. Especially given, that the last supported card
> > is already 10y old. I'd rather invest my little free time into OGP
> > and get a decent replacement.
>
> Ok.
> But its a damn good 10y old gfx card :)

Considering that it's still being sold, yes.
But the card shows its age. High resolution DVI
isn't possible. The BES has a maximum source size
of 1024. Only one overlay possible, etc pp.

The G550 i have is still my card of choice, but
it wont stay for long. Either OGP will replace it
or i'll have to look for another card that has
the features i want.

			Attila Kinali

--
The true CS students do not need to know how to program.
They learn how to abstract the process of programming to