[MPlayer-matrox] 2.6.30 and mga_vid

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Jun 19 16:42:24 CEST 2009

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 16:31:39 +0200 (CEST)
Peter Magnusson <iocc at mplayer2.lists.flashdance.cx> wrote:

> >> Annoying #2: When moving the playing video window around (gmplayer here)
> >> the video doesnt follow the video, it gets green instead :(
> >
> > I noticed this too. Though i didnt have time yet to figure out
> > where it comes from. I'll investigate this as soon as i've
> > some free time.
>
> A little resize (like one pixel) of the window helps to move the video to
> new location however.

Yes, it looks like the move events do not get delivered.
But as i said, i didnt have time to investigate yet.

> BTW why isnt mga_vid included in the kernel, then it doesnt have to be
> patched all the time? Have you been thinking of submit it to linus?

Yes, i've been thinking about that, but to be included in the kernel,
mga_vid would need a big clean up. And i have neither the time nor
the interest for this. Especially given, that the last supported card
is already 10y old. I'd rather invest my little free time into OGP
and get a decent replacement.

				Attila Kinali