[MPlayer-matrox] Matrox and HD playback

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 08:58:59 CEST 2008

Hi,
I have AMD Baron mobile 2500+ CPU and Matrox G450 graphics card does
this setup have enough power to process HD video?

I tried playing few HD clips in 1080i coded with H264 codec and it is
really choppy, and I'm wondering it this would play if I would
optimize my system somehow.

I player with mplayer -vo settings and saw that there is a special
matrox driver for mplayer. I compiled and installed it and got
/dev/mga0 but I still have trouble with mplayer playing HD video.

Does anybody have similar experience and should I try to do this or
her a better graphic card? What do you suggest? I don't need any 3D
card just enough to play HD video smoothly.

Cheers,
Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/