[MPlayer-matrox] mga_vid and interlaced output via DVI (NOT tv-out)

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Sep 12 04:43:22 CEST 2007

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 22:36:16 +0200
"Michael Langguth" <mail at michael-langguth.de> wrote:

> i am not sure if i was able to describe what i see on the screen: if i have a
> 1080i video, only the upper half of it will be displayed, zoomed to
> fullscreen. egghead alert!

Ok, i see what you are doing. Does mplayer -v say anything
special? (I doubt it, but...)

> by the way: is there any kind of description of the bes registers available?
> may be i could try out something by my self...

I only have the specs of the G400, which are compatible
enough to get the G550 working, but i don't know whether
there are any subtle differences.

I think what happens is that the G550 expects the data
in field(Halbbild) form for the interlaced modes, though neither
mga_vid nor MPlayer are prepared for this.

If you have time at your hand and want to imporove mga_vid/MPlayer
to be able to use interlaced modi, please feel free to do so.

				Attila Kinali

--
It is the unknown we fear when we look
upon death and darkness, nothing more.