[MPlayer-matrox] upgrade to xorg 7.2 => xmga driver broken

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Jul 18 22:45:08 CEST 2007

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 22:35:49 +0200
Gilles Hamel <hamelg at laposte.net> wrote:

> Since I upgraded my xorg installation to 7.2, a nasty bug has appeared.
> When I move or resize a running xmga mplayer window, a green rectangle
> replace the image. Sometimes when i move again the window, the complete
> or incomplete image comes back.

Have a look at mplayers bugreports.html and provide the information
listed there. Otherwise nobody can help you.

> Before :
> Module mga: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
> compiled for 6.9.0, module version = 1.2.1
> Module class: X.Org Video Driver
> ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 0.8
>
> Now :
> Module mga: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
> compiled for 7.2.0, module version = 1.4.6
> Module class: X.Org Video Driver
> ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 1.1
>
> I have looked for this bug in xorg bugzilla without success.

mga_vid has nothing to do with xorg. Nor has the xorg mga
driver anything to do with mga_vid.

There is currently a bug with MPlayer svn regarding xmga,
but it's something different than you describe.

			Attila Kinali

--
Linux ist... wenn man einfache Dinge auch mit einer kryptischen
post-fix Sprache loesen kann