Wtr.: Re: [MPlayer-matrox] Loading the mga_vid module

markus.hiereth at freenet.de markus.hiereth at freenet.de
Thu Jan 18 18:30:58 CET 2007

 Hello Attila,

 thank You for Your hint. With my SuSE 10.1 system, the way such modules are
 meant to be loaded seems another one:

 I found a variable
    MODULES_LOADED_ON_BOOT
 in the file
    /etc/sysconfig/kernel.

 I introduced mga_vid into this variable. With no regard to the first line
 "module not supported", the rest of the respective boot messages inicate
 that
 there is something going on with module and video card:

  <7>dm-netlink version 0.0.2 loaded
  <4>mga_vid: module not supported by Novell, setting U taint flag.
  <6>Matrox MGA G200/G400/G450/G550 YUV Video interface v2.01 (c) Aaron
  Holtzman & A'rpi
  <6>mga_vid: Found MGA G400/G450 at 0000:01:00.0
  <6>mga_vid: MMIO at 0xe0a50000 framebuffer: 0xDC000000
  <6>mga_vid: OPTION word: 0x50044120  mem: 0x10  SGRAM
  <6>mga_vid: Detected 16MB card reporting 32 MB RAMSIZE, overriding
  <6>mga_vid: detected RAMSIZE is 16 MB
  <6>mga_vid: 1 supported cards found
  <6>mga_vid: using major: 83 (assigned or default!)
  <6>loop: loaded (max 8 devices)
  Kernel logging (ksyslog) stopped.
  Kernel log daemon terminating.

 Salut - Markus