[MPlayer-matrox] mga_vid with udev on Debian 3.1r3 sarge

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Oct 25 09:35:07 CEST 2006

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 01:16:04 +0200
Lurkos <lurkos at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have added that line and now it compiles, but the driver doesn't work.
> These are the errors brought back by make, modprobe and dmesg.
> How I can solve these errors?

Looks like there were more incompatible changes since 2.6.9
than i thought. What you could do is to backport the udev
change in svn revision r244 and r246 to the 2.6.9 version
of mga_vid. But i have no idea how simple that is.

A far better idea is to switch to a recent kernel
version (2.6.8 is over 2 years old), then you can
just use the current tar ball.

			Attila Kinali
                         -- Deed of Morred