[MPlayer-matrox] Any way to run mplayer continuously for analog rebroadcasting?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed May 10 08:34:44 CEST 2006

Moin,

On Tue, 09 May 2006 20:00:56 -0400
Brian Thompson <brian at eng.wayne.edu> wrote:

> Attila, thanks for the info. I'm trying to go in this direction but it
> looks
> like the -fixed-vo and -idle flags are only available in the CVS version
> of mplayer and I've run into a new problem trying to use the CVS
> version of mplayer instead of mplayer-1.0pre7try2.

Yes, pre7 is an ancient release. pre8 should be released this
week.

> I can't seem to get
> any audio from the CVS version. I've tried quite a few of the additional
> audio filter flags over the past several hours but nothing seems to help.
>
> I admit neither of the following outputs look perfect, but the first one
> (mplayer-1.0pre7try2) does work. I'm using "-ao alsa" with no additional
> audio parameters in both of the following cases. The sound card is a
> USB Edirol UA-25. Anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Hmm.. There is either a bug in MPlayer (most likely) or
one in your alsa system that MPlayer triggers. Can you
follow bugreports.html and send a proper bugerport to
mplayer-users?

As a workaround i suggest using oss emulation of alsa,
which is in a lot of cases more stable than the direct
alsa output. IIRC you need to load the snd_oss_pcm and
snd_oss_mixer modules, then user -ao oss

				Attila Kinali

PS: please do not top post and use proper quoting

--
心をこめて聞け心をこめて話せ