[MPlayer-matrox] Weird problem with a G400 - shows only junk through mga_vid

Mikko Nahkola mnahkola at elisanet.fi
Tue Oct 11 23:30:55 CEST 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 12:18:45AM +0300, Mikko Nahkola wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 09:49:39AM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:

> > > I did. Didn't I send the screenshot already? I took one from that too.
> > > No luck. ... Hm. Ok, seems I didn't send this yet. Attaching now.
> >
> > Ok,.. now that's getting strange.

> Oh, and matroxfb works about half the time, the other half it does the
> same as mga_vid ... nasty. Wonder why X works every time (so far...)

Hey, I got a picture without running X! But it still isn't fun, I have
to type blind ... or from something other than the graphical console.

That is, matroxfb on and jumbled (and a bad refresh rate too), and
blind-typing my way to mga_vid_test ... which produces the right
picture. Attaching a screenshot of that.

(No, the background isn't gray, it's a tighter pattern than the camera
can cope with.)

--
Mikko Nahkola <mnahkola at elisanet.fi>