[MPlayer-matrox] Weird problem with a G400 - shows only junk through mga_vid

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Nov 6 10:34:29 CET 2005

Moin,

I went again trough the discussion here and still have no clue what it
could be, though i found something strange:

> 0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Matrox Graphics, Inc. MGA G400 AGP (rev 04) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
>         Subsystem: Matrox Graphics, Inc. Millennium G400 16Mb SDRAM
>         Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
>         Latency: 64 (4000ns min, 8000ns max), cache line size 08
>         Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 9
>         Region 0: Memory at cc000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=cfae0000]

This size value is very bougus, it should be in your case 16MB

Michael, do you have something similar in your lspci -vv output ?
And could you please also send (to this list) a full bugreport
including lspci -vv, dmesg and mplayer -v output? I couldnt found
the one you send me.

BTW: the mga_vid_base that mga_vid_test reports is the memory
address in which the card memory gets mmapped, thus has nothing
to do with anything else lspci or dmesg reports.

BTW2: are there other people here with a G400 who could try to reproduce
this bug ? If so please report here. Please tell us too, even if you
did not succeede as this might help to narrow down the problem.

			Attila Kinali

--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu