[MPlayer-matrox] G550 and TV out

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Nov 6 10:12:51 CET 2005

Moin,

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 00:49:03 +0100
Vladimir Stojkovic <vladastojkovic at gmx.de> wrote:

> 	I've managed to play movie on tv using dfbmga video output, but I'm not quite
> satisfied with it because I can not use X while playing movie on tv. I've red
> here http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Configuring_TV_out#MATROX_cards that
> it is possible to achieve that using vidix output. However, I haven't managed
> to do that. Is there someone who knows how to make this work? Or, is there
> some alternative way to have your X functional while you play movie on your
> tv?

I do not see how this should work with vidix, especialy as the kernel
patch is totaly unrelated to how vidix works. Vidix accesses the graphics
card directly, the same way as mga_vid does (actualy it's a port of
mga_vid to the vidix interface).

IIRC there is a whole section in the MPlayer documentation on how
to get TV-Out with matrox cards, did you had a look at that?
(No, i've never tried it myself as i do not own a TV)
Also the Mailinglist archives on gmane might help.

			Attila Kinali

--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu