[MPlayer-matrox] mga_vid_test works but mplayer does not

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Mar 3 10:34:05 CET 2005

Moin,

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 19:20:45 +0000 (UTC)
swen <tmp12345 at gmx.de> wrote:

> when I start mga_vid_test it displays the expected stuff on my tv but if I start
> mplayer (e.g. "mplayer -vo mga -fs /data/pics/davos0303/tst.avi") it fails the
> following output:
[...]
> Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.

This sounds like MPlayer was compiled w/o mga support.
Please check with mplayer -vo help whether you really have it.
Note that ./configure checks whether /dev/mga_vid is present
to determine whether mga support is desired or not.
Please next time use the -v switch, as it gives much more information
about your system and about MPlayer.

				Attila Kinali
--
郷に入れば郷に従え