[MPlayer-matrox] Unresolved symbols with mga_vid on 2.4

Martin Collins martin at mkcollins.org
Wed Jun 15 16:30:01 CEST 2005

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:21:07 +0200
Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> wrote:

> I assume you are using mga_vid from the MPlayer cvs.

Yes indeed.

> Then it's most probably that you compiled mga_vid against the
> wrong kernel. The Makefile assumes that you want to compile
> mga_vid for the currently running kernel and that it has
> a /lib/modules/<kernel-version>/build directory. IIRC 2.4.20
> does not yet have one, thus you have to change the KERNEL_DIR
> variable at the beginning of the Makefile to somehting like
> this:
> KERNEL_DIR = /usr/src/linux/

Actually there is a build directory at least as far back as 2.4.14.
My problem was that I was trying to build the wrong mga_vid, the
one in the vidix/drivers directory. Looking for KERNEL_DIR gave me
the clue to that, so thanks!
It's still a bit of a mystery why it broke in the first place. Maybe
I wasn't running the kernel I thought I was.

Martin