[MPlayer-matrox] mga_vid for 2.6, first beta

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Jan 11 12:49:50 CET 2005

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:02:12 +0100
"Ferdinand O. Tempel" <ftempel at linuxops.net> wrote:

> > My plans for further development are:
> >
> > Short term:
> > * get dma working
> > * fix all race conditions
>
> I had a short look at #1, and it seems to be not trivial. It would be nice to
> have though.

It's in my short term plan because i need dma for another project.
And yes, it's non trivial, but i'm not the first one doing it and
i have some quite usable example code.

> > Devfs is gone, yes, and i don't intend to further support it,
> > because it's obsoleted by udev and obfuscates the code.
> > I'll also stop further development for older kernel versions,
> > but i'll keep them supported for a while.
>
> Hey, I had the exact same ideas! Drop devfs (it's already giving me problems in
> 2.6.10 due to some API changes). The only reason it was there in the firstplace
> was because I'm using devfs myself. Also I wanted to rip out all the legacy
> cruft since it too is becoming a maintenance nightmare. #ifdefs and #ifs all
> over the place. The 2.6.10 patch I have now probably doesn't even work for older
> kernels anymore.

That's why i put up 2 versions, one for 2.6.9 and older and one for 2.6.10.

> Hey, we're all busy. I'm glad someone is taking over the stick as this is really
> just a side activity for me. I'm an systems administrator, not a developer :-)
> I'm not even any good at it.

You did quite a good job. Only very little changes are needed.
Mostly just stronger error checking. I'll do that as soon as possible.

					Attila Kinali

--
All christians are terrorists.