[MPlayer-matrox] error while building mga_vid (debian, 2.6.9)

Ferdinand O. Tempel ftempel at linuxops.net
Fri Feb 18 19:15:59 CET 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 23:00 +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
> Oh.. Ok, that helps.
>
> Ferdinand already had that problem with his version (mine
> is just a clean up of his). I didn't investigate this
> yet, but it's on my todo list.

Hey,

Indeed, I had similar reports of failure on an SMP system...but at the
same time, I also had a report of success on an SMP system. And last
time I tried myself (that's a fair while back, I have to admit) it also
worked on my SMP system. This is weird at the very least. Luckily my SMP
box now runs Linux again, so I'll have a go at compiling mga_vid on
that. Though I'll probably won't be able to test it as it has an nvidia
board in it. Doesn't mean I'll be able to fix whatever the heck broke
though, my kernel hacking skills are limited.

Gives me an excuse to check out Attila's version, which I haven't looked
at yet.

Regards,

Ferdinand O. Tempel