[MPlayer-matrox] error while building mga_vid (debian, 2.6.9)

tmp12345 at gmx.de tmp12345 at gmx.de
Tue Feb 15 23:40:31 CET 2005

Hi Alvaro,
thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately I still fail in building the
module. I got the 2.6.9 kernel source from kernel.org. Then "make vmlinux"
and "make modules". Then I changed to the mga-vid directory and "make". The
same errors that I posted before appear.
My directory structure currently is: kernel source:
"/usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.9", mga-vid source: "/usr/src/mga-vid". I also
continued to examine my problem and found some stuff about building modules
under 2.6 and therefore also tried a "make -C /usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.9
M=`pwd` modules" in the mga-vid directory. This ended up with the same error
messages. So currently I have no more ideas, maybe you have? Thanks again,

 Swen

> Hi
>
> Have you tried compiling the plain vanilla kernel and then compiling the
> mga-vid without making the debian module package ?
>
> I have it working with 2.6.10. and all I did was get
> mga-vid-2.6.10-2005.... file unpack it and run make && make install.
> I am running debian but I do make a module package.
>     Alvaro

Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail