[MPlayer-matrox] Re: udev support in mga_vid

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Feb 7 20:13:10 CET 2005

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 17:51:49 +0100
Miguel Rubio Roy <miguel-rubio at terra.es> wrote:

> Hello I've read your post:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user.matrox/193
>
> in gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user.matrox annuncing mga_vid for 2.6
> kernel. I'm specially interested in udev support. Could you make any
> prevision of when it will be available?

No i cannot. I don't understand udev yet and unfortunately
i don't have the time to work on mga_vid currently (maybe it'll
get better in two weeks, dunno).
Beside there are still quite a few things to do:

* use official major/minor numbers
* fixups for 2.6.11 kernels (patch floating around)
* dma support
* fix race conditions
* clean up
* udev support
* find out why it doesn't compile on FC3 (bugreport a few days ago)

If anyone wants to help with any of these points, i'd
appreciate it. But i have to tell you, that i currently
even lack the time to check patches.

				Attila Kinali

PS: Please send such mails to the mailinglist, i still read it
even when i'm short on time.

--
郷に入れば郷に従え