[MPlayer-matrox] fbset guru?

Peter Magnusson iocc at mplayer.lists.flashdance.cx
Mon Apr 18 22:17:54 CEST 2005

Any fbset guru here? :)

I have been using this mode on my tv for like 2 years:

fbset -fb /dev/fb0 -left 40 -right 0 -upper 61 -lower 32 -hslen 46 -vslen 4
-xres 704 -yres 528 -vxres 704 -vyres 528 -depth 32 -laced false -bcast
true

It took alot of time to figure it out to get it almost right. But the
problem with this mode is that its somewhat to wide to the right. I have
tried to fix it but I dont find any logic in fbset :) Its just get worse.

  ------------- ..
|             | .
|             | .
|             | .
|             | .

   ^-- TV       ^-- my fb mode
    screen

So I want to shrink this fb mode but not not modify the left side, up or
down. Any fbset guru here that can tell which parameters I should change to
achieve this? Just a wink so I know which ones I should try (and which I
shouldnt!)...

I got G400 MAX.