[Mplayer-matrox] mga_vid for 2.6.9-rc2-mm4 ?

Ferdinand O. Tempel ftempel at linuxops.net
Tue Sep 28 20:10:43 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 23:18, Gregoire Favre wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 11:04:46PM +0200, Patryk wrote:
>
> I'll got same answer in dmesg :-)

Hi Gregoire,

I haven't really tried getting the mga_vid stuff patched and working
with a recent version of mplayer, nor with a kernel above 2.6.7. Yes,
I've been lazy in that regard, sorry about that. However, I feel little
for keeping up with every little change there is in the 2.6 kernel
though, and definately are not up to supporting every -rc-foo-bar-baz
kernel with all kinds of assorted prepatches out there. If 2.6.9 proper
gets released on kernel.org I might see if any problems arise in
combination with the mga_vid module patch. The problem you're having now
might not even show up in the regular kernel release.  Welcome to the
bleeding edge. If you want everything to work, stick to releases, not
prereleases.

It's not a matter of not wanting to, but just a matter of priorities. Of
course anyone is free to try and fix the issue you're experiencing,
including you. I will keep a close tab on things though, and as soon as
2.6.9 gets out there I'll follow-up on this issue ASAP. Unless Attila
beats me to it, of course :-)

Nice to see this list actually getting traffic other than spam, btw.

--
Regards,

Ferdinand O. Tempel

Your friendly neighborhood linuxops.net administrator.