[Mplayer-matrox] mga_vid driver for linux 2.6.x SMP?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Nov 5 17:03:31 CET 2004

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 16:47:24 +0100
Mark Hurenkamp <mark.hurenkamp at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Has anyone gotten the mga_vid driver working on a linux-2.6 smp kernel?
> While building (for 2.6.6) I get some SMP related problems, and in the
> readme at http://www.linuxops.net/~pw/mga_vid/
> I find a remark: 'Don't try to build this stuff on an SMP kernel, it
> won't' which I can confirm :-(

Any ideas why it doesnt work ? Unfortunately i don't have an
SMP machine and i don't see why it shouldn't work.

Also a description what doesn't work would help.

I'm currently reading up all docu to get this patch into cvs
(hopefully within the next weeks, but i'm quite busy these days)

			Attila Kinali