[MPlayer-matrox] Video output to TV out on an MGA400DH32MAX

Michael Scholz michael_scholz at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 21 15:47:00 CET 2004

Folks,

I'm giving up - Maybe I'm too much of a dull guy regarding this but I don't
get that to work unless someone is probably able to give me *THE* advice I
need.

Whatever I do I'm only getting a black screen, just a new desktop or a green
looking mplayer window where the movie is supposed to be.

I don't need a fully functional second display on a TV but that what the
Matrox guys call 'DVD Max'.

To my understanding this means the second head doesn't do anything until a
movie or DVD is played back. Then it will be activated and outputs a
(superb!!!) TV signal.

For some reason that or something similar won't work with me (SuSE 9.0,
standard install, web-updated) and I've no idea...

CU!

-Mike