[MPlayer-G2-dev] dual licensing try 2

Gabucino gabucino at mplayerhq.hu
Fri Mar 5 17:44:04 CET 2004

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> You proposed assigning copyright to the FSF some time ago.  I thought it was
> a good idea back then and after all the troubles we've been through, I agree
> even more today.
Yes. I'm not really sure on this. Whether MPlayer can stand by itself, or
it needs FSF's help. But can any of you come up with an outstanding FSF
victory, which is persuasive enough to let a bunch of freedom+GPL maniac
fellas reign over MPlayer's licenses? Right now my answer would be no.

BTW I still don't know why are we discussing these sensitive matters on this
public, archived mailing list (that doesn't exist for this purpose anyways)
which is open to every firms and other abonimations out there. Use
mplayer-legal, and make it closed.

--
Gabucino
MPlayer Core Team