[MPlayer-G2-dev] Data communication between demuxers and UIs

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Thu Jan 15 20:23:48 CET 2004

Ack!  Where's the reply-to header?  Sorry for the duplicate mail Fre_ax,
but I meant to send to the list the first time.

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 04:19:55PM +0200, Fre_ax wrote:
> Anyhow, this could be partly fixed by allowing "dynamic config data
> providers" to remove and add
> options as they want. but this is, as far as i know, very difficult to
> implement without using timers and other tricks. So the main problem
> with this is: how to make UIs update available options if new options
> appear after playback has started ?

Hooks into the UI are out of the question, obviously, so to me it seems
like there should be some way for the UI to check to see if these things
have changed.  If they have, then the UI can request the info, etc.
UI's who don't care about this data need not even check for it's
existance.  Timing can be the problem of the UI?  I'm not sure what is
involved with that part of the problem, though.

--Joey

--
All philosophy is naive.