[MPlayer-G2-dev] dual licensing

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Feb 22 15:24:28 CET 2004

Hi

On Sunday 22 February 2004 14:23, Arpi wrote:
[...]
> it's not too late to ask agreement from contributors now, and
> remove code if they don't agree. future contributors have to
> accept the dual licensing. they did in the past for libavcodec,
> which has such license since years.
> (as Fabrice's employer company is using it in closedsrc product)
if anyone tells me enough to verify that, actually i dont even know who
fabrices employer company is, and if he is seriously violating it, like
keeping improvements closed source then ill ensure he stops, but i wont
complain if hes just ignoring some detail of the lgpl like everyone else

btw, IMHO dual licensing will mean mplayer G2s death, ppl simply wont
contribute anymore, or would u contribute to a project for which someone else
gets alot of money?

[...]

--
Michael
level[i]= get_vlc(); i+=get_vlc();		(violates patent EP0266049)