[MPlayer-G2-dev] slices

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Feb 13 00:13:02 CET 2004

Uhg, one more nasty issue about slices too!!

Consider vf_expand with osd rendering. You want to alpha-blend osd
onto the image during the slice rendering, so you don't have to read
video memory later to add osd! But here you run into a big problem.
Slice rendering takes place in decoding order, whereas osd contents
will be known in display order. It would look really stupid for the
clock to jump backwards for one frame, etc. How do we solve this??

I hate slices! No, actually slices are good. I hate B-frames!!! :/

Rich