[MPlayer-G2-dev] the awakening, license changes and so on...

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Wed Aug 4 18:40:31 CEST 2004

[summary: LGPL vs. GPL]

I agree that LGPL is better for libraries.

I think GNU & RMS had a reason to create it.

And those are the same people, that created GPL.

Think about it!

So its imho the right choice for a media player _framework_ based on
libraries. And its a good choice by A'rpi imho.

Where is the difference between a _bad_ company using gcc and other software
to produce DRM- / other bad Software or a Software that uses LGPLed
libraries?

I see no difference. If someone is evil, they'll always find a way.

I wish the "Next Generation Multimedia Framework" good luck! :-)

Btw: Which advantage would GPL have over LGPL for others?

cu

Fabian