[MPlayer-G2-dev] transcode filters

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Tue Apr 20 21:59:29 CEST 2004

Hello,

Diego Biurrun wrote:

> > > swscaler can do this, see -ssf
> >
> > Oops, thanks.
> >
> > (Looks like the real advantage of transcode is a better filter
> > documentation. With mplayer, who'd have guessed one needs to look to the
> > scaler when one wants to shift color, rather than, well, scale?)
>
> We're always looking for able hands that can improve the
> documentation.  If you want to help out with this you are more than
> welcome.

Might be a good idea. But there is one thing I'd really like to
understand, before trying my hand at this.

What's the *big* deal of a difference between mencoder and transcode?

I mean - from the mencoder developers' viewpoint.

To be honest, I have not grasped the difference, other than the
commandline syntax...

And I promise not to argue. So no flamewar. I just want your words.

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik