[MPlayer-G2-dev] An open, standard video/audio API?

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Apr 19 23:16:54 CEST 2004

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 10:35:24PM +0400, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
> I would be willing to take up the writing of the spec. Not the technical
> side of the development - I don't know *nearly* enough to do that. But I
> can glean information from programmer-speak, list discussions, etc., and
> convert it into an organized, readable document. And that's what an open
> standard spec should be, if it's to be widely adopted. (Ultimately, why
> not make it an RFC?)

A couple other notes...

I'd be happy to have you write a formal spec for NUT once it's
complete, or to write up the spec of our API. But myself and the
others I'm working with won't be working on an API that's slow, that's
socket/IPC-based, or that encourages or allows proprietary software to
take advantage of our code.

Rich