[MPlayer-G2-dev] Re: A new vf layer proposal...

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri gsbarbieri at yahoo.com.br
Mon Sep 15 22:32:51 CEST 2003

 --- D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> escreveu: > On Mon, Sep
15, 2003 at 03:59:18PM +0200, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> multiple
> can be
> doesn't
> multiple
> > >
> > >     I think that multiple-output filter is very rare case and I
> even
> > > cannot see real example but two-screen display of video or
> cloning for
> > > network streaming. :)
> > Or think about a filter that splits up the picture to it's planes
> for eg.
> > dumping them to files, but that probably could be done inside the
> filter
> > without the need of further processsing the output.
>
> Or think about mplayer-g2-PVR, with simultaneous display and encoding
> of video. Maybe you have something like:
>
>                  ,-> vf_madei -> vo
>                 /
> tvin -> vd_raw <
>                 \
>                  `-> ve
>
> ...or...
>
>                               ,-> vo
>                              /
> tvin -> vd_raw -> vf_pullup <
>                              \
>                               `-> vf_scale -> ve

But here maybe we need something different, since would be cool if the
VO could go back and forth, while VE keeps recording... (Tivo like)

Anyway, this can be great to do Video Walls, so video is cropped and
exported to different video heads, ie:

                 .---> Top_Left

                 +---> Top_Right

vf_videowall(4) -+

                 +---> Bottom_Left

                 `---> Bottom_Right

Maybe something to crop each video display border out (Ie, using
monitors, crop around 2")

Gustavo